Monday, May 21, 2012

At My Fingertips

I had my first taste of success yesterday for my new way of handling household paperwork, which just reinforces that I'm headed in the right direction.  I know I have a way to go (I only need to look at the Black Hole that is the TV room, with piles of paper and folders and file boxes everywhere), but I'm on the path.

We had family over for a cookout yesterday after the Middle Child's lacrosse game.  We were discussing home insurance with my parents and my brother, whose family is in the processing of moving back to the area after almost 22 years away (he's been in the military).  My father was asking about our homeowner's insurance... and I was able to go to a shelf, pull out the appropriate binder, and hand him our policy.  When we were done, I was able to return it to its appropriate place.  No digging, no searching - it was some place easily accessible and available.

What's your "ah-hah" moment, when you knew your system was working for you?

No comments: